Saturday, March 30, 2013

four vanilla cupcakes with cookie butter frosting.

There are some days when I have the urge to bake just so I can feel productive. Making something from scratch always gives me a sense of accomplishment when I have been just a little too lazy.

Wednesday I decided to make cupcakes for my roomies because they deserved a little treat for just being so great all the time. And I wanted to use my cute floral cupcake holders. I was nervous about using almond milk in the cupcakes, but they turned out GREAT! The consistency was fluffy, but somehow still dense? Don't ask me how that happens.


vanilla cupcakes
makes 4

4 egg whites
4 tbsp butter, melted
4 tbsp sugar
1 3/4 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
3 tbsp almond milk (I used Trader Joe's Original)

Preheat oven to 350 F.

1. Whisk together the eggs and sugar until it has a smooth consistency.
2. Add in vanilla and butter. I kept whisking away but there was still some butter clumps. Mine still turned out great!
3. Add your dry ingredients.
4. Once mixed, add in the milk.
5. Pour your batter into your cute liners (they really do get you excited about baking!)

Bake for 10-15 minutes. Mine took longer than I thought they would, but I would just wait until a toothpick (or if you are a college student who owns nothing, a knife) came out clean.

While your cupcakes are cooling off, prepare your frosting! Luckily my roommate let me use a little bit of her milk!

1/2 cup butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp cookie butter

Combine all the ingredients, except the cookie butter, and beat with a mixer on low. Once mixed, beat everything on high. Once your frosting is smooth, add in your cookie butter! I'm sure you could even try peanut butter, nutella, or teaspoon of your favorite jam! The frosting is very thick and basic, so feel free to play around with it!

Put your creamy CREAMY frosting in a ziploc bag, cut the corner, and swirl away!

REMEMBER TO SPRINKLE IT WITH SEA SALT. I'M NOT KIDDING. IT MAKES IT!

Who wouldn't want to make these sweet faces things all the time?
Wow. Now I know why everyone says I'm "The Mom."





No comments:

Post a Comment